Thursday, January 18, 2007

Me and my doctor!

As I entered the doctor’s clinic, my heart beat increased. I had this coughing problem for few days and my doctor wanted to probe further. I am allergic to clinics and hospitals right from my childhood and I do not entertain the thought of going there. But today I had to go. It was imperative to know what was happening inside my body.

So I nervously stepped inside the clinic.

As I waited patiently for my turn in that overcrowded clinic, many thoughts crossed my mind. Am I really sick? What will he tell me? Am I going to die?

When my turn came, I slowly stepped inside the doctor’s room. He looked at me with a smile. A littman stethoscope hanged threateningly from his neck. Although I knew the stethoscope was from a good company, I never felt comfortable when it was on my body.

Looking at me meaningfully, the doctor started out, “Hi Raju, I called you to my clinic because I happened to know that you are a real estate agent, can I get a good house on the locality of my choice?!!”

The doc still hasn’t got a house. He never will!

No comments: