“So, Mr. James” said the CEO who was sitting on the side of the table, “what do you have to offer me?” His tone said, ‘why the hell are you here?’ He had a right to feel embarrassed. I had insisted for an appointment for two continuous weeks with the CEO. I had developed a thick skin and disregarded the veiled rejections of his personal assistant. I knew that if I got a chance, I could convince him to buy our product. But now, my belief started fading out. “This is my card sir” I gave my business card to him.
And something happened.
Until then, the CEO was reluctant to listen to me. Not he listened attentively. He had a new found interest in me and this was largely due to my beautiful business cards. Dealing with lots of people in my long career, I had learnt the importance of making a good first impression and I got professional business cards done. Now, I was reaping the benefits.
Needless to say, I won the order!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment