Thursday, January 25, 2007

See the small picture!

Often, we forget to look at the small details in a big picture. We invest so much in assets like cars, real estate, mobile phones and so on, but we forget to pay attention to little details that can snowball into bigger issues. I experienced a similar fate a few days ago when I bought a home theatre.

You see, my DVD player supports only one channel output. But to be able to enjoy the full capacity of the DVD player, it should support 5.1 channel output. Since my DVD player didn’t have that, the next best thing was to go for an optical cable that would act as an intermediary between these two appliances. After doing so much research on the home theatre, I just foolishly went ahead and bought the cheapest available optical cable that was available in the shop.

And the result was disastrous.

Not only I missed out on best quality pictures, but even my DVD player started troubling me a lot. It was only after I found a good quality HDMI cable, things looked as rosy as they were promised.

Hope I had made this decision earlier.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.